Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Portfolio Site Rebuild - Update #3

I have done a lot since my last update so, I'm going to break this up into two or more separate updates. This update is about the contact page. The next one will be about the gallery of my work. 
I have gotten most of the layout and design for the contact page of my new site done. It isn't finished yet but, the structure of the page is set and all the of the essential information is present. It is close enough to done to get a feel for what the finished page will be like and make suggestions.
The overall layout of the page and how the information is structured is good. It might need a some kind of separator between the columns but I haven't dec I'm not happy with the color work and I think I am going to add links to all my social media. 
Desktop size (1000px wide)

The phone number definitely needs to be bigger and the margins need some work. I also feel like it need some graphic element to make the page more visually interesting. 


The buttons need a visual divider between them. I haven't decided the best way to do that yet.

I don't know if I like the labels over the inputs yet. They are good practice especially for usability for the sense impaired. The form might look cleaner without them thou, and there are ways to make up for their absence and still be compliant with usability standards. I'm also thinking about putting a dark box around the form to give the space some definition. I can't decide. I may just have to live with it for awhile.

iPad size (768 x 1024)

iPhone 6 size (375 x 667)




  


No comments:

Post a Comment